Our goal is the highlight up and coming artists in the world of Pop and Electronic Dance Music.
We provide resources and inspiration for EDM music producers and Pop music artists. The website features articles, tutorials, and interviews with industry experts, as well as the Pops N Drops podcast, which features in-depth discussions with EDM and Pop artists about their creative process, their favorite tools, and their advice for aspiring producers and artists.
We are looking for guests for the podcast, music journalists, promoters, bookers, agents, managers and artists.
All guests will receive a dedicated section listed on our Drops page with links to their music, socials, photos and/or any other relevant information
Electronic dance music (EDM) has been around for decades, but it has exploded in popularity in recent years. In 2023, EDM is one of the most popular genres of music in the world, and it is showing no signs of slowing down. There are many factors that have contributed to the rise of EDM. One factor is the increasing availability of electronic music production software. This software has made it easier than ever for people to create their own EDM tracks, and it has also led to a proliferation of new subgenres of EDM. Another factor that has contributed to the rise of EDM is the growth of electronic music festivals. These festivals have become a major force in the EDM scene, and they provide a platform for up-and-coming DJs and producers to showcase their music. EDM has also benefited from the rise of social media. Platforms like YouTube and SoundCloud have made it easy for people to discover new EDM tracks, and they have also helped to connect EDM fans from all over the world. As a result of these factors, EDM is now a global phenomenon. It is popular in clubs and festivals all over the world, and it is also a major force in the mainstream music industry. EDM is a diverse genre, and it encompasses a wide range of subgenres. Some of the most popular subgenres of EDM include:
- House: House music is one of the oldest and most popular subgenres of EDM. It is characterized by a four-on-the-floor beat and a repetitive melody.
- Techno: Techno is a more experimental subgenre of EDM. It is characterized by a fast tempo and a driving beat.
- Trance: Trance is a melodic subgenre of EDM. It is characterized by a slow tempo and a soaring melody.
- Dubstep: Dubstep is a bass-heavy subgenre of EDM. It is characterized by a syncopated beat and a heavy use of sub-bass.
- Trap: Trap is a hip-hop influenced subgenre of EDM. It is characterized by a syncopated beat and a heavy use of snare drums.
- Future Bass: Future Bass is a relatively new subgenre of EDM. It is characterized by a dreamy soundscape and a catchy melody.
As EDM continues to grow in popularity, it is likely to have a major impact on the way we listen to music. EDM is already changing the way we think about dance music, and it is likely to continue to innovate and evolve in the years to come. Here are some of the trends that are shaping the future of EDM:
- The rise of streaming: Streaming is becoming the dominant way that people listen to music, and this is having a major impact on EDM. Streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music have made it easier than ever for people to discover new EDM tracks, and they have also helped to break new artists.
- The growth of electronic music festivals: Electronic music festivals are becoming increasingly popular, and they are providing a platform for up-and-coming DJs and producers to showcase their music. These festivals are also helping to connect EDM fans from all over the world.
- The increasing popularity of live electronic music: Live electronic music is becoming increasingly popular, and this is a trend that is likely to continue in the years to come. Live electronic music allows fans to experience EDM in a more immersive way, and it is also a great way for DJs and producers to connect with their fans.
- The rise of AI-powered music production: AI-powered music production is a new technology that is having a major impact on the EDM scene. AI-powered software can help DJs and producers to create music more quickly and easily, and it can also help them to create more complex and innovative tracks.
Another trend that is shaping the future of EDM is the increasing popularity of female DJs and producers. In the past, EDM was a male-dominated genre, but that is starting to change. There are now a number of successful female DJs and producers, such as Alison Wonderland, Charlotte de Witte, and Nina Kraviz.
The increasing popularity of female DJs and producers is a positive development for the EDM scene. It is helping to break down gender stereotypes and it is also providing more opportunities for women in the music industry.
The intersection of EDM and other genres
EDM is also starting to intersect with other genres, such as hip hop, pop, and rock. This is leading to the creation of new and innovative sounds. For example, the genre of future bass has been influenced by both EDM and hip hop.
The intersection of EDM and other genres is a trend that is likely to continue in the years to come. It is helping to expand the possibilities of EDM and it is also making the genre more accessible to a wider audience.
The future of EDM is bright
The future of EDM is bright. The genre is constantly evolving, and there are new subgenres emerging all the time. EDM is also becoming more mainstream, and it is now a major force in the music industry.
As EDM continues to grow in popularity, it is likely to have a major impact on the way we listen to music. EDM is already changing the way we think about dance music, and it is likely to continue to innovate and evolve in the years to come.
Here are some of the things that we can expect to see in the future of EDM:
- More diverse and inclusive lineups: The EDM scene is becoming more diverse and inclusive, and this trend is likely to continue in the years to come. We can expect to see more female DJs and producers on lineups, as well as more artists from different cultures and backgrounds.
- More experimental and innovative sounds: EDM is a genre that is constantly evolving, and we can expect to see more experimental and innovative sounds in the years to come. Artists will continue to push the boundaries of the genre and create new and exciting sounds.
- More mainstream success: EDM is already a major force in the music industry, but it is likely to become even more mainstream in the years to come. We can expect to see EDM artists playing at larger venues and reaching a wider audience.
The impact of technology on EDM
Technology is having a major impact on the future of EDM. As technology continues to evolve, it is likely to open up new possibilities for EDM artists. For example, AI-powered music production software is becoming increasingly sophisticated, and this could allow artists to create music more quickly and easily.
The rise of virtual reality and augmented reality
Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) are two new technologies that are having a major impact on the music industry. VR allows users to experience music in a completely immersive way, while AR allows users to interact with music in a more interactive way.
These technologies are still in their early stages, but they have the potential to revolutionize the way we experience EDM. In the future, we could see EDM artists creating VR and AR experiences that allow fans to feel like they are actually inside the music.
The future of EDM education
As EDM becomes more popular, there is a growing demand for EDM education. There are now a number of schools and online courses that offer EDM production classes.
This is a positive development for the EDM scene. It is helping to ensure that there is a new generation of EDM artists who are well-trained and knowledgeable about the genre.
The future of EDM culture
EDM culture is also evolving. In the past, EDM culture was often associated with drugs and partying. However, this is starting to change. There is now a growing emphasis on health and safety in the EDM scene, and there are a number of organizations that are working to promote responsible EDM culture.
This is a positive development for the EDM scene. It is helping to ensure that EDM culture is safe and inclusive for everyone.
© Copyright 2020 Chance the Closer